Terms and conditions
1. Contract: Upon making a booking and paying the deposit you have entered into your contract with us and are subject to these terms and conditions of booking. The personal details you provide must be true and correct. We reserve the right to decline or terminate the booking of any guest(s) whose party make-up or behaviour interferes or may interfere with the general comfort of other guests or staff. In the event no refund will be made.
2. Booking: £25 for each camping/touring pitch, £60 for each pod or Full payment for Bank holidays weekends is required at the time of booking to secure your pitch. The balance is 2 weeks before arrival, no refunds are given after this time.
3. Pitches: Our pitch prices include two persons, a car and a unit (caravan/tent/motorhome/campervan/trailer tent) It is your responsibility to ensure that you have booked the correct pitch. Strictly no Motorhomes or large campervans (over 4 meters) on the grass pitches. We allow a maximum of 6 guests onto a touring/camping pitch at any one time, with a maximum of 2 of these being adults. If your party is larger than this, then you will need to book another pitch. If you wish to add people to your pitch after booking, then please contact us. Specific pitches are not guaranteed, sometimes we need to shuffle things around due to ground conditions and family bookings.
4. Pod Arrival: Your Pod will be available from 2.00pm on the day of your arrival. Check out is by 11am on the day of your departure. Please notify us if you will be arriving after 8.00 pm, so we can ensure we are available to greet you for your arrival. Early arrival and late check-out are sometimes available during quieter times; please enquire. We allow a maximum of 2 adults per pod, our family pods are designed for 2 Adults and children, not a group of adults. Specific pods are not guaranteed.
5. Pitch Arrival: Your Pitch will be available from 1pm on the day of your arrival. Check out is by 12 noon on the day of your departure. Please notify us if you will be arriving after 8.00 pm, so we can ensure we are available to greet you for your arrival. Early arrival and late check-out are sometimes available during quieter times; please enquire. No arrivals after dark.
6. EHU Cable: 1 camping cable with trip switches to be used only per pitch. No splitters or additional extensions may be used.
7. Checking in: For Health and safety reasons, all guests must check in on arrival. Should we unfortunately have been called away from the office or site, a telephone number will be left on the office door and we will give you further details.
8. Minimum stay: All weekend bookings are subject to Friday arrival only, no single Saturday stays. Bank holidays are 4 nights or 3 nights respective.
9. Additional Cars: Strictly only one car is to be parked by each pitch or pod. You can book additional cars (at an extra nightly cost) but you must check at reception for an appropriate parking space.
10. Cancellation: If you need to cancel your booking, please let us know as soon as possible. Deposits are non-refundable or transferrable. Under some circumstances we may be able to transfer bookings with at least 1 month notice.
11. Holiday insurance: We advise you take your own holiday insurance to cover your booking as Meadow Falls are not liable for any loss incurred due to the events beyond their control e,g, illness, weather, etc (“force majeure”)
12. Groups: Anyone meeting on site with friends/family on another pitch or pod are considered a group, whether booked together or separately. We are a family campsite and expect everyone to strictly adhere to the site noise and general etiquette rules. The following group bookings are not allowed: single-sex bookings, under 25’s, Dad’s and Lad’s, Hen parties, Stag dos. Any group bookings must contact the office for further guidance before making any booking. If we become aware during a stay that guests appear to have prearranged a visit of family/friends without prior permission, they will be asked to leave, without refund.
13. Family groups: Family groups of up to 3 pitches/pods will be allowed to the maximum allowance of 6 adults and children over the 3 pitches/pods. To ensure the comfort of all our guests; groups must be booked via email or telephone, not via our online booking system. Any booking made this way will be cancelled without refund. This is to ensure the correct pitch placement; all pitches must be adjacent to each other to ensure yourselves and our other guests have the best possible stay. For Health and Safety reasons all pitches/guests must check in arrival; do not go straight to your pitch, even if your friends have already arrived.
14. Etiquette: A pitch is reserved for you with the expectation that all of our guests will follow the usual customs of good camping and caravanning. We reserve the right to ask you to leave at any point of your stay if the behaviour of any member of your party is unacceptable to us and no refund of monies will be paid.
15. Noise: Please observe the good camping etiquette code and do not allow noise/music from your pitch to disturb others. If you can hear music outside of your pitch then it is too loud. All music/television/games tablets should be inaudible (switched off) by 10:00pm. All guests are asked to observe our quiet rule between 10:00pm and 7:00am
16. Liability: We cannot be liable for any personal injury (fatal or non-fatal) unless caused by a negligent act or omission by the company or its employees. Meadow Falls Campsite will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage to any property.
17. Speed: Please always observe the speed limit of 5mph on site, be it by car, bike or any other wheeled transport.
18. Vehicles: Commercial vehicles are allowed at our discretion, please contact us with a photograph of your unit for further details. No vehicle movement is permitted between 10pm – 7am, should you need to leave early for walking, please check with reception, for an appropriate parking space.
19. Electric Vehicles: Charging stations are available at Ingleton community centre (less than 1 mile), Booths Kirkby Lonsdale, Bentham Car Park and Clapham. Our power supply is not designed for electric vehicle and could cause damage to your vehicle and our property; therefore, we are unable to offer this and will charge £100 Fine for unauthorised use.
20. Children: Children must be kept under proper supervision, in all areas of the park. A play area is provided in the centre of the site. Trees and dry-stone walls are not for playing on and any puddled areas should be left to dry up and not turned into a muddy pond. Any damage will be the responsibility of the parents or guardians. Children under 8 years old should be supervised whilst using the toilet and shower facilities. Children should return to their parents by 10:00pm or dusk, whichever is earlier. Ball games are permitted in certain areas only, please check with reception. A mucky kids shower is available at the entrance to the site/front of shower block, it’s nice and warm, great for removing excess mud before entering the shower block.
21. Fairy Dell: Fairy dell is provided for the enjoyment of all, please do not take any fairies or doors, this is considered damage to property and theft.
22. Visitors: Day visitors are welcome by prior arrangement only and depending on site capacity at the time. They must check in at reception on arrival or by calling the on duty staff. Do not escort guests straight to your pitch/pod this is essential for Health/safety and insurance. All visitors must depart by 8pm. We will allocate an appropriate parking space for any additional cars. (additional charges apply)
23. Lights: Flags and a few decorative lights are acceptable but please no flashing or excessively bright lights. Please turn these off once you retire in the evening.
24. Dogs: We love all animals and Dogs are welcome at Meadow Falls, but they must be on a lead at all times throughout the site. We have a designated dog walking area along the back row of the site, accessible from the North east corner and the south west corner, where dogs may run off lead. Please do not leave your dog unattended in your tent, caravan or pod and please ensure you clean up after your dog. We have a doggy wash area at the entrance to the site/front of shower block and plenty of poop bags if you need any. Dogs are not permitted in the shower block; hooks are provided for your use outside.
25. Fires - Pods: Fire pits are provided with each pod, disposable BBQ’s may be used on the BBQ area only, not on the picnic benches or grass. All fires must be under control at all times. Only seasoned (ready to burn certification) wood is allowed for burning. Foraging for logs and branches is not permitted as it damages the natural habit of our protected wildlife. Wood and kindling are available from reception at a competitive price.
26. Fires – Pitches: You may bring your own fire pit if it is over 1 foot off the ground, this is from the lowest point of the bowl and has a solid base or we hire these at reception for a minimal charge. BBQ’s are permitted providing they are put on bricks or blocks to prevent damage to the grass. If you need to borrow bricks then please ask at reception. All fires must be under control at all times. Only seasoned (ready to burn certification) wood is allowed for burning. Foraging for logs and branches is not permitted as it damages the natural habit of our protected wildlife. Wood and kindling are available from reception at a competitive price.
27. Rubbish: Please dispose of all rubbish responsibly. Recycling bins and general waste bins are provided for you at the entrance to the site. Please recycle as much as you can and take home to your local tip any broken; tents, chairs, tables, gazebo etc.
28. Communal areas: A fridge/freezer and microwave is provided for your use during your stay.
29. Website and images: We take every care to ensure that the details on our website are accurate. Photographs taken of the park are for guidance only.
30. Complaints: Please notify us of any problems or dissatisfactions around the site immediately. If it is under our control to correct them, then we will do our best to rectify the problem as soon as we can, so you can enjoy the rest of your stay.
31. Data Protection: We collect and hold personal data so that we can create and maintain your booking. Should you opt to receive marketing e-mails from us, we will also store your e-mail address in order so we can send you e-mails a few times a year. We may also disclose your data to Netguides Ltd, our online booking system.
We hope you have a fabulous holiday.